× Welcome to Digital FLEM!

You can post your comments and experiences about using Digital FLEM here.

HIS 4670 AGP

• AmiloMan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Creator of Digital-FLEM
More
01 Aug 2014 21:27 - 02 Aug 2014 02:57 #1 by AmiloMan
Replied by AmiloMan on topic HIS 4670 AGP
Sorry seems like your card is not supported at the moment. The legacy packages are built different from regular ones and this is why you can't MOD it.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2014 02:57 by AmiloMan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Royal Blue
  • Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2014 09:55 #2 by Royal Blue
Replied by Royal Blue on topic HIS 4670 AGP
Thank you very much for your prompt feedback. When I checked the list of the supported cards on FLEM web page, I could not find the ID (9495) of my card. I only found IDs for other HD 4670 which could be the PCIe cards and not the AGP card. Does FLEM actually support ATI Radeon HD 4670 AGP cards, Device 9495 & Vendor ID 1002?

In reference to the "legacy" package that you referred to in your reply, I'd like to know whether it's only the name "legacy" in the package name that matters to FLEM or it's actually embedded as 'legacy" in the package itself. I can rename the package name to anything I want different from "legacy", will that work for FLEM?

Please clarify so I understand what I'm dealing with in this issue. Perhaps, I have to stick to the current 12.4, as AMD responded to me a while ago. Thank you in advance.

• AmiloMan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Creator of Digital-FLEM
More
01 Aug 2014 03:37 - 01 Aug 2014 03:43 #3 by AmiloMan
Replied by AmiloMan on topic HIS 4670 AGP
Hi RoyalBlue,

The issue you are facing is that you are trying to MOD a legacy package again, even though it is a BETA it is still a legacy package and that is why you can't get it modded. Try using a non-legacy package of your choice, that should do the trick.
Use the sites supported Card list section to find out if your card's DEVID is supported. To check your DEV-ID just open FLEM and look for your DEV-ID, it should be listed.

Enjoy.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2014 03:43 by AmiloMan.

• Royal Blue
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2014 13:03 #4 by Royal Blue
HIS 4670 AGP was created by Royal Blue
Hello Everyone,
I've been trying to update the AMD driver for my legacy graphic card HD 4670 AGP and I came across this interesting modifier FLEM. I sent an email to the address on the Home page "[email protected]" and I have not received any feedback. I just posted this on Guru3d.com forum as well.

The plan was to update the currently installed & running package 12.4 to 13.1:

12-4_agp-hotix_vista_win7_32_dd_ccc
13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc

So, I started with FLEM and chose the 32-bit basic files from the 12.4 hotfix to modify the 13.1 package. That did not work and according to the posted notes (FLEM Guide) the software only supports WHQL and BETA and it does not support LEGACY packages. Consequently, I switched to modify the Beta package:

amd_catalyst_13.4_legacy_beta_vista_win7_win8

But that did not work either where the Setp.exe only lists (in Custom Install) the following two packages:

1. AMD Catalyst Install Manager
2. AMD APP SDK Runtime

Whereas the installed package 12.4 has seven packages to install including the display driver. I also noticed that FLEM never updated the INF files with my card's Device (9495) and the Vendor ID (1002). I updated the INF files manually with the above ID's but that did not work either. I noticed this card (4670) is not on the list of the cards supported by FLEM. is this my main problem with FLEM Modding?

Please advise on how I can modify and install 13.1 correctly. Thank you in advance for any help you can share.